Foiling Experiments

A few months ago, someone (sorry I forget who) posted on the Felting and Fiber Studio Forum about adding some textile foil to a piece of felt, this had me fascinated so I rushed out and bought some to play with, these are the results of my initial experiments.

I used a wooden stamp of a zebra for the first one, unfortunately I used PVA glue and when I tried to full the felt some more after the foil had been applied, the glue dissolved and the foiling disappeared so I reapplied it when dry and now it looks a bit fuzzy.IMG_5864

This one was drawn free-hand with textile glue straight from the tube, I think it worked pretty well and looks much more impressive in real life.

IMG_5866

2 comments

    1. Gold leaf sound expensive :s! Textile foil should be a much more economical alternative 🙂 I’m sure hubby will understand when you explain the economic benefits of buying some textile foil 🙂

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *