Flame Hat

I started this hat a couple of weeks ago but when I went to add some textile foil onto the “flames” I found only sliver, green and red foil in the cupboard, but really wanted gold for this hat. I placed an order and it arrived on Saturday.

When applying textile foil I normally use textile glue and fix the foil with an iron but the curly shapes of the flames made this very awkward so I resorted to waiting for the glue to dry naturally before removing the backing plastic.

Here it is covered in foil strips waiting for the glue to dry:

IMG_5894

A close up of the foiling, I think you can see that there is a mixture of red and gold foil:

IMG_5896

The finished hat from different views:
IMG_5901

IMG_5900

IMG_5898

For those of you reading by email, this is the link to the web page: blog post

4 comments

    1. Thanks Ruth! Those are great ideas, I will try to work them into the Etsy description once I get some decent photos (it’s too big to fit in my photography box).

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *