I started this hat a couple of weeks ago but when I went to add some textile foil onto the “flames” I found only sliver, green and red foil in the cupboard, but really wanted gold for this hat. I placed an order and it arrived on Saturday.
When applying textile foil I normally use textile glue and fix the foil with an iron but the curly shapes of the flames made this very awkward so I resorted to waiting for the glue to dry naturally before removing the backing plastic.
Here it is covered in foil strips waiting for the glue to dry:
A close up of the foiling, I think you can see that there is a mixture of red and gold foil:
For those of you reading by email, this is the link to the web page: blog post