Join me to learn how to make a vessel from felted wool. I will explain how to lay out fibre and share several ways you can decorate your pod with silk hankies or fibres. Learn how to full (firmly felt) and shape your vessel so the felt is sturdy.
Class fee includes wool and silks to make and decorate your pod, as well as basic felting equipment.
This class is for adults and suitable for beginners.
When: 10am – 2pm, Saturday 5th August 2023
Where: Weta workshop at Franklin Arts Centre, Pukekohe nr Auckland.
Price: $50 per person
- two small towels (tea towel or hand towel size),
- a small to medium sized pair of sharp scissors
- a plastic bag to take your damp felt and towels home in
- pencil and paper if you like to take notes
- a waterproof apron if you have one (optional)
There is a cafe at the centre but you are welcome to bring your own drinks and snacks if you prefer.
Booking is essential. Please contact me to book your place and choose your wool colour(s).
I will have a small selection of tools and materials available to purchase for class participants, let me know at least 24 hours before the class if there is something you would like in my Etsy shop to receive a minimum 10% discount.