Learn how to make a beautiful, light-weight, nuno-felted cowl perfect for spring and summer. I will share how to lay out wool fibres in a single-layer, herring-bone pattern over a resist. Then we will felt the wool so that it binds to the silk chiffon base layer.
We will then shrink and finish the cowl so it fits you.
Class fee includes silk chiffon, wools and use of felting equipment.
This class is for adults and suitable for beginners. Please advise which date / you would prefer when booking as places are limited.
When: 10am – 2pm, Saturday 18th May 2024
Where: The Old School Building, Greenhithe, nr Auckland
Price: $70 per person for Creative Fibre Members, plus a small fee for materials
Please bring with you:
- two towels (a tea towel or hand towel size), and a medium size towel (approx 1 metre long)
- a small to medium sized pair of sharp scissors, suitable for cutting silk fabric
- a plastic bag to take your damp felt and towels home in
- pencil and paper if you like to take notes
- a waterproof apron if you have one (optional)
- your lunch or snacks (tea, coffee and biscuits will be provided)
Booking is essential. Please contact me to book your place and choose your wool colour.
I will have a small selection of tools and materials available to purchase for class participants, let me know at least 24 hours before the class if there is something you would like in my Etsy shop to receive a minimum 10% discount.