Using wet-felting techniques you will make a super-cute, felted pot with personality. Choose your favourite animal or emoji and turn it into an adorable felted vessel.
Learn how to use prefelts to create your critter and how to cut and shape the felt to form the ears. To finish we will add fine details using needle felting.
Class fee includes wool and prefelts, as well as use of basic felting equipment.
This class is for adults, ideally with previous experience of wet felting over a resist. However, if you have not made felt over a resist before we can modify the design to make it more beginner-friendly by making the ears the same colour as the rest of the pod, like the sleepy orange tabby cat pot above.
When: Saturday 7 October 2023, 10am – 4pm
Where: Weta workshop at Franklin Arts Centre, Pukekohe nr Auckland.
Price: $70 per person
- a sketch, photo or cartoon printout (or on your phone/tablet, please note we will be using water during the workshop) of your chosen animal or emoji
- two small towels (tea towel or hand towel size), and a larger towel approx 1 metre long
- a small to medium sized pair of sharp scissors, with a point. Embroidery scissors work well.
- a plastic bag or bin liner to take your damp felt and towels home in
- pencil and paper if you like to take notes
- a waterproof apron if you have one (optional)
There is a cafe at the centre but you are welcome to bring your own drinks and snacks if you prefer.
Booking is essential. Please contact me to book your place, discuss the animal / emoji you would like to make and choose your wool colour(s).
I will have a small selection of tools and materials available to purchase for class participants, let me know at least 24 hours before the class if there is something you would like in my Etsy shop to receive a 10% discount.