Beret’s are a timeless classic and relatively simple to make, even if you have never made felt before you can make one! In this workshop you will learn:
- how to lay out wet-felt wool fibres over a resist
- to add silk decorations (optional)
- to full (shrink) your felt so it is has a beautiful shape
- how to shape and stitch the felt to create striking designs
Class fee includes wool and decorative fibres, as well as use of basic felting equipment.
This class is for adults and is suitable for beginner and intermediate felt-makers.
When: TBC 2024, 10am – 4pm
Where: Weta workshop at Franklin Arts Centre, Pukekohe nr Auckland.
Price: $95 per person
You will need to bring:
- A small towel (tea towel or hand towel size), and a larger towel approx 1 metre long
- A small to medium sized pair of sharp scissors, with a point. You will need to push the point of the lower blade into the felt so please don’t bring scissors with rounded tips.
- A needle and polyester or cotton thread in a colour similar to you chosen wool colour (let me know if you don’t have any suitable thread)
- Some clothes pegs (the kind with a metal spring)
- A plastic bag or bin liner to take your damp felt and towels home in
- Pencil and paper or phone where you can note down some numbers
- A waterproof apron if you have one (optional)
There is a cafe at the centre but you are welcome to bring your own drinks and snacks if you prefer.
Booking is essential. Please contact me to book your place and choose your wool colours.
I will have a small selection of tools and materials available to purchase for class participants, let me know at least 24 hours before the class if there is something you would like in my Etsy shop to receive a minimum 10% discount.