In this class we will use wet-felting techniques and a little bit of needle-felting to make a beautiful felted flower. I will show you how to lay out wool to create petals and stamens, then we will wrap a wire stem with wool before assembling and shaping your flower. You will have the option to decorate your flower will silk fibres.
These flowers are perfect for displaying in a vase. It is hard to stop at just making one! Or we can shorten the stem to make a corsage.
Class fee includes wool, decorative silk fibres and wire stem to make one flower, as well as use of basic felting equipment. Additional supplies for making more flowers will be available to purchase at the end of the class.
This class is for adults, and is suitable for beginner and intermediate felt-makers.
When: Saturday 23rd March 2024, 10am – 3.30pm
Where: Textile Hub, Corban Estate Arts Centre, 2 Mount Lebanon Ln, Henderson, Auckland.
Price: $135 (including GST) per person
- one small towel (tea towel or hand towel size), and a larger towel approx 1 metre long
- a plastic bag or bin liner to take your damp felt and towels home in
- a small to medium pair of sharp scissors
- pencil and paper if you like to take notes
- a pair of pliers if you have them (optional)
- a needle-felting mat / firm sponge if you have one (optional)
- a waterproof apron if you have one (optional)
Booking is essential. Please contact me to book your place and choose your wool colours.
I will have a small selection of tools and materials available to purchase for class participants, let me know at least 24 hours before the class if there is something you would like in my Etsy shop to receive a minimum 10% discount.