Join us to learn wet-felting techniques while you make a seamless, felted bag with integrated strap and flap with a magnetic clasp. I will show you how to lay out wool over a resist, blend wool colours to achieve a gradual colour change and add an internal pocket (optional) to your bag.
Learn how to use resists to create hollow, 3D shapes, how to add magnetic clasps and cut your felt create a handle and flap. We will work the felt so the bag has a flat bottom and the felt is stiff enough to stand up on its own without the need for chemical stiffeners.
Class fee includes wool, decorative fibres and a magnetic clasp, as well as use of basic felting equipment.
This class is for adults, and is suitable for beginner and intermediate felt-makers.
When: Saturday 20th January 2024, 9.30am – 4pm
Where: Weta workshop at Franklin Arts Centre, Pukekohe nr Auckland.
Price: $75 per person
- one small towel (tea towel or hand towel size), and a larger towel approx 1 metre long
- a small to medium sized pair of sharp scissors, with a point. You will need to push the point of the lower blade into the felt so please don’t bring scissors with rounded tips.
- a plastic bag or bin liner to take your damp felt and towels home in
- pencil and paper if you like to take notes
- a waterproof apron if you have one (optional)
- Any felting tools if you have them (optional) – I will bring a selection for you to use
There is a cafe at the centre but you are welcome to bring your own drinks and snacks if you prefer.
Booking is essential. Please contact me to book your place.
I will have a small selection of tools and materials available to purchase for class participants, let me know at least 24 hours before the class if there is something you would like in my Etsy shop to receive a minimum 10% discount.