Following on from Tatiana’s workshop, I have been making more nuno felt yardage for dress making. This is a top made using the same basic pattern from the orange shibori jacket.
I started this sun hat in January, using some hand dyed merino, the variegated roving yields a lovely mottled colour when felted, I also felted in a piece of hand dyed silk for decoration and texture
Today, I started working on a new wall hanging of fish on a reef. I am using some hand dyed pongee 5 silk and hope that the ripples and sheen will give the impression of water.
The weather was lovely, so after making the nuno felt I moved outside to “work” in the sunshine.
I have just ordered some longer stretcher bars and hope to share the final hanging next week.
As promised here are some photos of the second lichen on bark piece, this one took much longer than the first to complete and I think that was largely due to the number of resists that needed cutting and placing (more than 40 in total) but, at last, it is finished.
I have spent most of today working through my UFO (UnFinished Objects) box in preparation for the Sonning exhibition on Sunday. This has almost exclusively involved machine embroidery.
And this piece was inspired by some sunset photos I took in North Devon a few weeks ago:
I plan to use it to cover a ring binder, hence the embroidery design is only on the right hand side.
And I made some leaves to turn the silk flowers into brooches:
I have also been working on a new bag that I think is rather exciting but more on that next time… 🙂